The first Social Centres Gathering was created last year after discussions at the Radical Routes summer gathering.
If you want to come to the Social Centres Gathering, then we would love your contribution to making the event happen now.
If you would like to run a workshop, have an idea for a workshop, would like to bring other things to the event (such as films to screen, music to play), or would like to help organise the event in other ways, please get in touch.
Last year’s themes included:
– Safer spaces
– Setting up social centres
– Conflict resolution
– Getting started / Problems and pitfalls when starting a social centre
– Making SCs in unusual places
– What is the Social Centres Network, how can it work best today and what decisions can it take?
– How can we support people in cities where there isn’t a Social Centre or where a Social Centre is struggling to stay open.
– What possibilities and advantages might there be in a European network of Social Centres or twinning our Social Centres?
– What makes a Social Centre a social centre? Can we know who we include
and who we don’t in our network?
– What could the networks involvement be in solving different disputes that may arise?
– Developing connections between Scs
– Issues around maintaining a SC (visioning, decision making)
– Social centres and the neighbourhood / engagement or colonization?